Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An unexpected day

When you are a mom, there is no such thing as days off. You can turn in all the unused sick leave and vacation time you want but the laundry will pile up and the babies will still cry. So today started out busy and then a weird thing happened. People cancelled appointments (which does make me sad) and left me with the rest of my day to do things that i really needed to do.
When I get a day or really an hour that is mine to control, my mind races like a kid in a candy store trying to decide what to do first. My first thought is always to leave. I love our home, but it has been a long winter and I avoid dragging the kids to the store as much as possible. That is probably why I end up at Wally world on a friday night at midnight and come home two hours later. Anyways, I wanted to wander Target, or old Navy and then I thought of the laundry and the Tax appointment coming up and I did the very grown up thing and started our tax prep. It is like doing homework from highschool. It has to be done and it is not that hard, I just don't want to do it. So I didn't leave and find some treasure but I did relax and dress comfy. I let the kids run and play and when Chet got home we had had a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

We keep doing the same things! First dancing and now taxes. What will we think of next? I'm glad you are doing the things you want to.