Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Vegas Baby!!!

I know it throws everyone off when I tell them we went to Las Vegas this weekend. Our ten year wedding anniversary is tommorow and we were supposed to go to Maui for our big Ten. We were talking about it all last year and then around Christmas time we started asking each other if we had made any arrangements. We had not picked a date, saved money, got a babysitter, nothing. So I said the most grown up thing I think I have ever said since "I do", I said lets just put our yard in and go next year. I really want nice grass again and shrubs and rocks. I was so spoiled at our last house to have grass done when we moved in. But it will make the wait worth it when my kids can stay outside to play and I won't have to sweep every night all the dirt that gets tracked in. So back to Vegas. We always get the winter blahs and head to St. George this time of year. But it has not been that warn there and gas prices are crazy. So I found a trip and we flew there with no children for the first time in our parenting years. We have left them overnight with grandparents but never for more than 18 hours. We stayed out late and slept in even later. We ordered room service for breakfast (another thing we have never done) and I took the longest shower in my whole life! (Sorry to waste water but once in my whole lifetime?) I am sure people who go to Vegas do a lot worse. We ate long dinners and went to a couple of shows. We walked and walked! We watched the Bellagio water show from the top of the Eiffel Tower at Midnight. This was such a fun trip for us to reconnect as a couple who got married because we were interesting to each other. We sometimes forget to check in with each other on that flirt level that brought us together in the first place. Some weeks we are "mom and dad" and that is great but we need to remember what started this whole thing we have here. So home again, tired and a few pounds heavier but very happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It's hard to believe it's been 10 years, and I hate to tell you the next 10 will go even faster. You do need to leave the kids even for an overnighter once in awhile, I would be glad to tend them anytime.

Love
Barb

Melanie said...

Thats great that you had a nice little get away without the guilt of spending too much money! I can't wait to have some time with Jake when he comes back. I swore we would go to NYC for my 30th and since he is in Iraq during his 30th, its kinda for both. We'll see if that happens!

Brittanny said...

I am glad that you guys got to go on a trip...and I must say that I am a fan of Vegas...Josh hates it there though. I heard the power went out that weekend...did for you? I am also glad to see someone gets roomservice! I thought that was something only famous people did! How fun!