Friday, November 14, 2008

In Secure

So I just need to use my space to talk through this big security issue in the blog world. Every time the news runs a story about info being stolen off of a blog, everyone panics and slams the door shut. I am not saying you can't, I just wish it didn't make me feel like I got locked out of the fun party room. I like to read up on neighbors, friends, family and ward friends. I don't always comment so they might not even know I exist. But it is a way for me to get to know them and feel connected by seeing fun posts. I have had issues with the blog world from the beginning, just because it feels like voyeurism. You don't know who is looking at your world unless they comment. I feel like I should have been invited to the blog, but now that I am there I don't want to ask to stay. It is very weird to me. I just hope we all try to use some of the safe tips and keep our blogs smart instead of closed.
1. Don't give full names
2. Keep home and address out of view
3. Keep vacations secret until you come home
4. Code names for children are helpful to protect them

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Mindy. I switched my blog to private recently. If you want to read it still, send me your e-mail address: Connie.Tiare@gmail.com

Becky A said...

great post, mindy. I'm all for public blogs, myself! and I promise to invite you if I ever find it necessary to privatize!