Thursday, July 10, 2008

Half full of half empty


Summer is in full swing and the other day someone said "Summer is half over next week". True to the calendar it might be, but come on. I like to think that since I personally don't have to go back to school this August then my summer is until September. As an adult, I can go to Pineview and play all day or the mall or the movies. Summer can last forever! Well not forever, but longer than three months. We wait all winter, through snow and cold and grey days of clouds to sweat it out. So yes the 4th of July might signal to some that the fall is coming but to me I will look at the glass as half full and make summer stay a little longer.

What are you doing with your glorious summer?

4 comments:

Tori said...

So here's a funny, you have SO been on my mind lately! I'm so glad you found me. Your family has grown since I saw you last. How did you get a boy?

Anonymous said...

Carson looks life a hunk of a lifeguard at the pool! He is such a ladies man anyway, maybe he should aspire to be one! Enjoy the heat, those 6 ft snowbanks will be here soon enough.
Love Grandma Barb

Natalie said...

This is very true about the summer. I we need it to last as long as we can!!!

Emily said...

Isn't summer the best!! I can't believe we start school next week. Somehow it doesn't seem fair. Those kiddies should be outside!!