Friday, July 18, 2008

Parade Rest!

Parades are fantabulous! I love them and I seek them out all summer long. The thrill of finding a good spot facing the shady way. Eating breakfast/lunch/dinner on the sidewalk on a main street. Letting your children literally play in traffic in the middle of the street to take candy from strangers! God bless America! I really do love this time of year and now when we see the flag and hear all the sirens, I cry like a betsy wetsy doll. I just get very emotional about those that are fighting to keep people safe and using their own lives to do it with.
On a lighter side my husband and his crazy band of friends have decided that parades are like walking ads and they need more fun. So see if you can find him.......( ARRRRGGGG!!!)













6 comments:

Becky A said...

Hope the pirates plan on doing the sw parade again this year! I'll post my memory of you later, I'm on my way out of town right now! thanks for commenting on mine!

Wendy said...

Nice pirate get up....I am with you on parades although we have not been to one this year....shame on me!

Natalie said...

Nice family pic, what cool girl took that? He He. Chet looks so cool as a pirate!!

Menlove Family said...

The "pirates" were definately the best part of the parade!! Camren still talks about it :)

Melanie said...

And I cry like a betsy wetsy reading about you being a betsy wetsy!! Thanks a lot! We had so much fun going to the parades with you all. Too bad we missed the 24th!! Just another day in Germany, (no pioneers I guess..haha)

Brittanny said...

I hear ya on the parades...we went to the 24th of July one in Slc and I do agree that they are fantabulous! I am glad someone out there likes them as much as me! Hey...thanks for the bbq and for being the best neighbor!
I need an email on when the next set of fireworks are...or maybe we will just go with you!