Monday, September 15, 2008

Sneaking out...


Sometimes I talk myself right out of having a little fun. I covince myself that my family will be sad or no one will want to or that I need to get things done. When did I turn into such a lame-O? Well the other night I wanted to go out and see a movie and i called a few friends in my "hood" and presto we had a party. We left for the movie at 10 pm (i know, totally past bedtime) and then after we got home around midnight (waaaaay late) my neighbor Britt and I stood in my driveway for a looooong time just chattin'. It was nice to let myself off the hook for a few hours and relax. We even took pictures to document our rebel ways. The preggers on the bike...she is so brave because we do not know the owner of the sweet hog she is straddling. The other pic is us getting our hug on. Thanks for making my night Amanda, Brittanny and Natalie. Such little things make suburban housewives happy!

4 comments:

Tori said...

I think it's so important to get away from being mom for even just a minute or two. But why is it so hard to do? I feel the same way you do. I finally went out with friends on Saturday. A MUCH needed break. I love reading about you and your family. :)

Natalie said...

I love it!! I'm stealing the pic!! That was soooo fun, we need to do it more often...

Brittanny said...

This is in the "vault"...I absolutely am so glad you called and I am even more glad that you are a Glenn Beck fan! And I am the most glad that you are my neighbor!

Becky A said...

girl...I hadn't checked your blog for a while because I was tired of that scrap blog that wouldn't work on my computer! Boy was I surprised when I visited today! you have been a blogging fool! Girls nights out are the best, aren't they? Even if they do happen few and far between...that just makes them better, I think!