Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend update

Here was our week in a quick review:
So we are finally getting our yard started/finished. We started a lot of it last year but with a baby on the way we stopped after sprinklers and waited for this spring. So we have waited patiently for the freak snow storms to stop and the wind to quit blowing semi trucks over. My friend has his own tractor and he was so nice to come and dig our trampoline pit for our kids. I am sure Carson liked the fact that
1- He got to work the scoop and thumb to move rocks 2- He got a huge dirt pile created from the pit to play on/in. 3- It was all here in his own backyard.
So now just a little level work from Grandpa Doyle and we are ready! I keep asking Chet about the steps to get ready. To me laying sod can't be that easy. I make everything harder then it is. I want to read up on it so I don't mess it all up.
Soccer season has been fun for Codie and Carson. Codie gets the game and the idea so much better this year. She knows what she is doing and has fun playing. Carson is still learning and that is funny too. The last game he kept running right along side this other boy who was wearing a beanie (cold weather still) and trying to get a look at him or his hat. I had to coach the last game and the second half, the kids were all laying down and wanting to take a rest. It is funny to watch the difference in ages.
The most crazy thing on my week list was that I started working a little at the Washington Terrace Playhouse again. Doing choreography for a show. I swore to Chet that I would limit myself and would only go up once a week. It was apparently more traumatic then I remembered. On the way there, I completely blocked out how to get there. I started calling Chet and I couldn't reach him, so I was panicking and dialing. I finally figured out the turn and made it there. But I can't get swallowed up in community theatre again. Just a little dab here and there.
Today was one of those days where all pistons are firing and I "heard" the message at church clearly. To summarize: I am a mother of Zion. It is not an easy job. There are blessings that I will inherit for this call. Prayers are said in my behalf.
Have a great week.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

How exciting to get your yard done!!! I am jealous about he hole for your tramp...we need to do one in our back yard. I know what you mean about soccer...Taylor is still figuring it all out.

Brittanny said...

We get first hand experience watching the trucks and the work. You all are working so hard and I am excited for you!