Monday, April 7, 2008

My day off!

I know moms don't get a day off, but Tuesdays are supposed to be mine and sometimes I want to stay up all night to get the most out of it. I start thinking of all the things I would like to do. Like go to Tai Pan. Or to lunch with a friend. But most the time I end up with laundry, groceries and making dinner. Very exciting!
I have been running so fast with both kids in soccer on different nights and dance classes too, poor Chet sees us all runing out the door as he comes home from work.
My whole life I imagined that I would be this super mom and my kids would be so happy and look great all the time and would be in sports and dance and everything they could get into and I would have all the patience and time to be there for all of it. Whew was I dreaming. And now it is all reality it seems so strange that I am the crazy mom running everywhere. I always thought that part of my life was so far into the future. I better wake up and smell the soccer cleats before it passes by. It is fun and I hope my kids will look back and remember it all as good times.
Recap of our week: Codie lost another tooth. She is pulling them all out herself with no crying or fuss. (I think she wants the $$$) Carson has started blaming Callie for things around the house that go wrong. (she is 10 months old) Callie is speed crawling and the smacking of her little hands on the tile is so funny. She is trying to let go and take a step but still likes her crawl. We all tried our best to watch conference and had dinner at Doyle and Barbs' on Sunday. Tom-car rides were had, we got to see Jared, Holly and Mallory and they sent us home with cupcakes!!
Delicious.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Life is so busy I agree. Sounds like you really have a busy one! And you work,I don't know how you do it all. But Kyle is glad you do...

Wendy said...

Isn't it funny how even when we have "time off" we really don't have time to ourselves. I have to remind myself that someday I'll look back and wish I had those days to do over again!

Mary Ellen said...

I find I work harder on my days off then I do when I go to work!