Monday, June 29, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!!!




















It's coming! I love the 4th of July better than Christmas. (mostly because it is warm)





I love the parades, which now for some reason make me cry as I watch the flag being presented and the sirens following behind.





I love watching my kids wave at the people on the floats that they like.





I love sitting on a blanket eating sugary pop tarts and other non healthy breakfast items while we wait for the parade to begin.





I love eating warm taffy and tootsie rolls while we wait for parade traffic to thin out.





I love the "thank you" that I get for taking my kids to something that didn't cost me a thing.





I love the crappy carnival in the park.( Even though Chet hates it.)





I love seeing the cute family singing on the stage.





I love to see and visit everyone I run into. (The kids don't love that part.)





I love to eat random items from four different booths and still have room for a slushy.





I love getting the perfect spot to watch fireworks.





I love hanging out with my family playing games on the blanket.





I love the energy and excitement of the the first boom that makes everyone drop to the ground and stare up to the sky!





I love the Fireworks Finale!!!





I love the freedom we have to enjoy and I love the men and women who risk and give their lives for us all.





Please, God bless America.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you get excited in June for July! You are the best parade orgainzer I know. Love the pictures from the previous days, it brings back sweet memories too. I havent seen any fireworks yet! Just heard the load boom's through the woods on BBI this year, to busy cleaning.
Grandma Barb

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Cute pics! It was fun to see you at the Fireworks in the "city we will not mention" ha ha!

Mary Ellen said...

I love the 4th of July, too. It's very rich in tradition for me. Always the parade, bar-b-q, water play and fireworks! It's perfect!

Brittanny said...

No one loves a parade more than you Mindy. And I love your bbqs..so I needless to say I am loving our summer because of great neighbors like you guys! Good thing too...since I hate the heat so your party plannings are really helping!