Thursday, April 23, 2009

Runnin' just as fast as I can...

You remember that Tiffany song. That is my week! I could go on to declare my month but that would be whiny. So I am self employed (I have a lovely salon in my home where I can color, cut, nail or wax you:) so Chet keeps asking me how come I get overbooked and stressed out all the time.
I have not learned the art of declining the affirmative.
I can't say no. It is not polite, helpful, and certainly not going to win me volunteer of the year, so I just can't say it. Not being a martyr but it is getting kind of pathetic. I laugh about it because it is my fault.
On the other hand, I love being busy! I love that I don't sit and watch TV and that I have places to go and people to see. I love to visit and multi-task. When one of my neighbors is out and we visit for a minute, that makes my day. So if I happen to always be heading out when you call or driving someone somewhere, I might sound frazzled but I am really happy

2 comments:

Ashley said...

"nail or wax you:)" made me giggle!

Anonymous said...

Way to go frazzled but I am really happy! That is why you have children in your twenty's and thirty's. One year Doyle, Chet, Jake, Ashley and myself all played softball on 5 different teams at 5 different fields! I know when you finally can say NO and still be happy, until then enjoy the ride and the wax!
Barb